History2020-05-28T05:52:47+00:00

HISTORY

With little more than a bank for connections, Mr. Takeshi Ohno and Mr. Akira Ito came to California from Japan in the fall of 1978 and incorporated T. Hasegawa U.S.A. Inc. (THUSA) in a small warehouse and blending facility in Lawndale, California, near Los Angeles. This represented the first new location beyond Japan for T. Hasegawa Co., Ltd.

The efforts of these early pioneers paid off with rapid growth and a new factory was built in Cerritos, CA in 1989. Sales growth and expansion of T. Hasegawa USA has led to expansion of our business into a number of multi-functional solutions.

The historical timeline below highlights the investments made and milestones accomplished by T. Hasegawa in support of its food and beverage manufacturing which brings unparalleled benefits to our customers.

T. Hasegawa History
T. Hasegawa History
T. Hasegawa History

1903

1903

Hasegawa Totaro Shoten founded at Honkokucho 4-chome, Nihonbashi, Tokyo

1948

1948

Incorporated as joint-stock company Hasegawa Totaro Shoten Kawasaki Facility

1960

1960

Osaka Sales Office established

1961

1961

T. HASEGAWA CO., LTD., established

1964

1964

Fukaya Facility established in Fukaya, Saitama Prefecture

1969

1969

Kawasaki Technical Research Center established

1978

1978

U.S. subsidiary T. HASEGAWA U.S.A., INC., established as North American base

1984

1984

Itakura Facility established in Itakura-machi, Oura-gun, Gunma Prefecture

1996