Working in a team you will be responsible for mixing both simple liquid and powder blends as well as more complex processes including vacuum drying, spray drying and reactions and ensuring that all orders are completed.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS/MAJOR JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Operate equipment in order to accurately utilize raw ingredient materials in a precise manner to create flavor product.
- Ensure understanding of all safety, quality and operational procedures relevant to the role.
- Utilize tools and electronic/computer systems for compounding and container filling.
- Utilize computer, scan gun, or other tools and processes to correctly match ingredients to shop orders
- Follow production, safety, quality, and operational procedures to verify and record information during production process
- Ensure proper ventilation and use of safety equipment
- Develop understanding of Quality Control requirements for sampling, product testing, swabbing of equipment, etc and follow policies surrounding Quality Control needs.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- ****Must be flexible to work various shifts. 24-hour facility****
- 2-3 years of production experience as a machine operator or related role
- Must have excellent attention to detail and adhere to policies and procedures
- Must be able to read, write, and perform basic mathematics, including metric in English
- Equipment Operator experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs as needed
- Willingness to learn.
- Must be able to stand and walk for extended periods of time
- Bilingual English/Spanish is helpful
- Experience in the food industry and familiarity with industry-related quality systems and procedures is highly preferred
- Familiarity with Kosher production will be an advantage
EDUCATION, CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS and/or EXPERIENCE
- High School diploma or GED
Ability to read, speak, write and understand English.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands and fingers, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee will be required to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Job title classification determined by competencies in key processes in the Production department as outlined below.
|Number if Specialized Skill/Processes
||Operations Technician I
||Operations Technician II
||Operations Technician III
||Sr. Operations Technician I
||Operations Technician Lead