Quality Control & Regulatory
The primary responsibility of the Quality Systems Analyst is to support the establishment and implementation of internal and external Quality Assurance Systems to assure that T. Hasegawa USA is in compliance with all FDA, GFSI (BRC), HACCP regulatory and quality programs and customer audits. Position reports to Quality Control Manager.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS/MAJOR JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participate in HACCP Plan reviews, risk assessments and validation; update HACCP plans
- Maintain audit schedules; sorts internal audit results and enters into database
- Participate in customer and 3rd party audits: conducts internal pre-audit, assigns, tracks, implements, verifies corrective actions from audits
- May conduct supplier audits
- Work with Management to enforce GMP and employee practices throughout the processing facility
- Conduct weekly GMP Audits (labs, production and facility)
- Track GMP corrective/preventive actions, verifications and validations
- Conduct customer complain investigation where appropriate
- Complete customer questionnaires and customer requests for information regarding HACCP, Production processes and the quality system
- Perform and coordinate internal audits
- Conduct sensory, analytical and microbiological testing of raw materials and finished flavors as appropriate to assist Quality Control team
- Perform root cause analysis on out-of-specification products
- Investigate factory non-conformances to procedures
- May develop analytical test procedures
- Develop, maintain and manage automated Quality Control test data collection system
- Plan and manage environmental, air quality, allergen verification and water testing, etc in order to comply with BRC and other regulatory requirements
- Develop and maintain environmental sampling plan
- Identify research, plan and adopt emerging technologies and new ventures for Quality Control as necessary (eg gluten testing, heavy metal, etc)
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the essential functions satisfactorily The requirements listed herein are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION, CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree required from four-year College or university; Master’s Degree preferred
- 2-5 years of related experience and/or training preferred
Ability to read, speak, write and understand English.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands and fingers, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee may be required to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.