Director, Quality and Food Safety
The Quality Systems Analyst supports the establishment and implementation of internal and external Quality Management Systems to assure that T. Hasegawa USA is in compliance with all FDA, GFSI (BRC), HACCP regulatory and quality programs and customer audits. This position also supports the production process, monitoring the quality and food safety of our raw materials, processed and finished products, and communicating with corporate functions such as Regulatory, R&D, and Commercialization.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS/MAJOR JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Creates food safety & quality site-wide training and maintains training matrix
- Administers food safety & quality training during on-boarding of new hires
- Able to work with Quality Management Systems such as Tracegains to manage the site document review and approval process
- Makes necessary revisions to site documents
- Manages the site’s internal audit program (maintains schedule, issues audits, maintains and tracks results)
- Participates in external audits; conducts internal pre-audit, assigns, tracks, implements, verifies corrective actions from audits
- Works with management and food safety team to enforce GMP and employee practices throughout the processing facility
- Tracks RCA-CAPA KPI’s and identifies and reports gaps
- Completes customer questionnaires and customer requests for information regarding HACCP, Production processes, and the quality system.
- Maintains required lists and logs such as chemical inventory, service providers, etc.
- May act as site PCQI (or back-up)
- May perform periodic reviews of manufacturing related records
- Able to perform lab tasks such as sensory, physical, chemical, and/or instrumental evaluation of incoming raw materials, in process, and finished products following SOPs and specifications
- Expedites the evaluation process and final disposition and provides information to production.
- Assists with troubleshooting quality problems in production
- Participates in the development of specialized processes to improve quality or food safety
- Generates data for Certificates of Analysis
- Participates in taste panels
- Maintains laboratory data, supplies, and calibration of equipment on a regular schedule as well as maintaining databases
- Works on corrective actions of any customer complaints/issues
- Performs other duties as required
- Able to work extended hours/shifts/OT as needed
- Occasionally able to work different times/shifts
- Ability to travel and perform quality tasks at either Corona, Cerritos, or Foothill Ranch if needed
- Able to use computers and MS Office apps as well as learn use of LX (ERP), MES, LIMS systems
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the essential functions satisfactorily. The requirements listed herein are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION, CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Food Science, Chemistry or related field preferred
- 1-3 years of related experience and/or training in a quality production lab environment
Ability to read, speak, write and understand English.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands and fingers, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to work in a production environment that is wet, slippery, noisy, dusty, and may be exposed to strong aromas and chemicals that require use of proper PPEs. The employee may be required to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.